Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Little Something I Wrote



            A short, stubby, complicated poem, creatively written but difficult to understand.  This poem is like me. Read by many, not loved by all, and at times not liked at all. If people took their time to read and analyze my poem they would find the meaning of it all. Gloria is like a poem. A poem with claws, holding on tight, never letting go of its beliefs. Written with love and compassion, a poem with a heart open to be loved by the reader. 
          Torn in some places by careless readers, yet always remembering what is engraved on its pages. This poem gives a different effect to all who read, like art gives different emotions to each own. A deep and fusturated soul letting out its true feeling on paper. Shyly written in small font but pounces off the page with its vivid language.
            A poem first verse annoyed, second verse happiness, and third verse fusturated, not knowing what tone it wants to set. Never having a center or staying comfortable with a single sentence, I am like this poem. Uniquely written, each letter rolling off the tongue, nonetheless scattered like a trees leaves dropping during fall. Its words powerful enough to light up a room, but gracious enough to be subtle. Gloria’s poem, it know when to stop and when to end, it knows what its about, and it is not afraid to express it through its words. This is who I am, a poem.


Something I wrote my senior year of high school. It's short, but I am very proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment